Getting a healthy meal ready in time for dinner usually takes a good amount planning ahead of time….you’ve got to shop for groceries, prep and cook. Whipping something up that’s delicious and healthy without much notice can be nearly impossible after a long day at the office. Luckily, this recipe requires virtually no prep, is dead simple to cook and uses ingredients that are probably in most our kitchens right now! The thing that makes this recipe work so well is the brown sugar because it creates a nice crust when baked high temperatures or broiled. Baked chicken often lacks the crusty exterior that you get when grilling something on the barbecue, but not here…
Doubling, or even tripling, this recipe is easily done and the end result is great for leftovers and can be used in all sorts of ways. On top of a salad. Chopped up and put in a tortilla, added to soups, or even made into a sandwich. The options are endless.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp tacos seasoning
- Preheat oven to 425-degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar and taco seasoning.
- Sprinkle or dredge the chicken with the seasoning mix.
- In a baking dish lined with foil, place the coasted chicken and bake for 20 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
- Remove the chicken and turn on your broiler.
- After 5 minutes, place the chicken under the broiler, close to the heating element, until the chicken is nicely charred.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!