Breakfast is a big thing in our house and we try our best to keep it interesting, especially on the weekends. When we stumbled upon this recipe, we decided to skip preparing the french toast ourselves and buy some high-quality french toast from the freezer section of out local grocer.
If you’re a fan of drizzling maple syrup on everything on your plate at your favorite breakfast spot, this recipe is definitely for your you! Even though I’m not one of those people, this breakfast lasagna was a pleasant surprise and I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
Of course, if you have kids, they’ll go crazy of it. To them, it’s something dreams are made from. Overall, it’s a fun dish to make and serve on the weekend or for a special brunch. I wouldn’t recommend it daily, but it’s was quite the treat when we made it! Enjoy!
- 10 frozen French Toast, thawed
- 12 eggs, scrambled and slightly undercooked
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 cups diced ham
- 3 cups cheddar cheese
- 3 cups shredded hash browns
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with butter.
- Complete two layers of french toast, maple syrup, scrambled eggs, ham and cheese.
- Top with shredded hash browns and drizzle well with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with another layer of cheese.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes. Broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese looks like the top of a pizza!
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut and drizzle with maple syrup.