We love this recipe in the slow cooker. L-O-V-E. It’s super simple and we often have all he ingredients on hand, so it’s perfect for throwing together before work one morning. You’ve probably seen slow cooker chicken recipes that call for chicken and salsa, but they usually lack flavor and depth. This slow cooker recipe is the exception and we think a big part of that is using green salas instead of red.
As for the beer, you could really use any kind – many people like to use a lighter Mexican beer – but we prefer the wonderful taste that a nice strong IPA brings to the dish. Lastly, we kick it up a notch with some added cumin to really make the dish pop! This slow cooker recipe is definitely worth a test!
- 4-6 Chicken Breasts
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 cups Salsa Verde
- 1 bottle of Beer (we prefer an IPA)
- Combine all the ingredients into the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove and shred the chicken and return it back to the slow cooker.
- Let shredded chicken marinate in the sauce for 20 or so minutes.
- Serve in tortillas with some radishes, cotija cheese, red onions and whatever else you like in your tacos!