Breakfast is a special part of the day in our family and I love to mix up the usual steel-cut oats with a special treat on the weekends or the occasional week day! This breakfast is especially awesome because it’s great righteous of the oven or even an hour or two later, which is perfect for those with family members waking up at different hours or the morning. Give it a try…
- 1 sourdough baguettes (I found them in the bakery section of the grocery store)
- 4-5 breakfast sausages, cooked
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated (pepper jack, mozzarella, any will do!)
- 1-2 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Cut and pull out the middle of the sourdough baguette and set aside.
- Cook breakfast sausage, if needed, and cut into bite-size pieces and set aside.
- In a bowl, lightly beat together the eggs and add the cream. Combine all the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into baguette “boat”. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 25-28 minutes or until the center is set. If you can wait… allow the boat to cool for 10 minutes before cutting and then serve.